Moving locally or across long distances requires meticulous planning and organization to ensure all your valuables reach their destination safely and on time. Relying on moving companies to handle all your furniture, business supplies, and personal belongings requires forging a trusting relationship with a dependable moving company that is equipped and insured to properly handle the delicate move.
With American Home Quotes, our vast network of safe and professional moving companies helps ensure a hassle-free process of moving your residential and business valuables across any distance. Never settle for random moving companies and let American Home Quotes find trusted and reliable moving companies to handle all of your moving needs.
Using Long Distance Movers
Moving across the country or to another state requires much more than just packing your belongings into a moving truck and heading to your new home. The logistics and details involved requires long distance movers to be thoroughly prepared for any scenario that may arise along the way.
To ensure your valuables receive the proper care, American Home Quotes connects you to most dependable and professional long distance movers in the industry.
When working with long distance movers, you want to be assured of finding moving companies with the right resources you need to complete any move.
In addition to moving across long distances, services that long distance movers typically provide include:
- Packing Services: Making sure all your most valuable items are packaged properly for a cross-country trip requires resources and expertise only the best moving companies can provide.
- Storage Options: With storage also a big issue when it comes to moving, you can also rely on storage options for the best and affordable storage options if needed.
- Bundle Your Move: If you're pressed for time or are physically restricted, bundling moving services ensure you can book all your moving needs into one quote to help save time and resources.
- Moving Quotes: Before you decide on a moving company, it's also important that the company offers services that fits your budget. With our online moving quotes, you can understand what the costs of your move will be based on the size, location and route of your move.
With numerous moving services at your disposal, long distance movers can also be used in various type of moves including residential, corporate or military related:
- Residential Moving: When moving locally or over a long distance, you want a moving company with knowledge of the area.
- Employee Transfer: Relocating for work can be stressful and unnerving but moving companies specialize in easing the transition process for new employees.
- Military and Government Moves: Enlisting in the military or in a government-related job can mean numerous moves over the years and moving companies are experienced with the proper procedures.
- Corporate Relocations: Moving an entire business takes a moving company with vast experience to handle all of the corporations needs.
There are many steps involved in working with long distance movers but planning ahead of time can help lessen any undue stress when moving day arrives. Let American Home Quotes find the ideal moving company for you or your business today.
Securing Your Moving Checklist
Along with making sure you've selected the right moving company for your needs, there's a long list of tasks you need to complete to ensure your moving checklist covers all your moving responsibilities.
A proper moving checklist covers every moving challenge including sorting and purging household items, packing personal items, and organizing medical, school, and financial records.
To help navigate the moving process, our moving checklist provides steps and tips to help alleviate your moving woes.
Before Moving Tips:
- Before the moving process begins, creating a moving checklist with a timeline will help you stay on track during the move. Your moving checklist should also include a budget for moving expenses to help you know what to expect and prevent you from splurging on unneeded services.
- Notifying relevant people and service providers of your move also enables you a smoother transition into your new home. Along with friends, family, and neighbors, letting the post office, utility companies, bank and credit card companies, medical providers, insurance companies, and school district authorities know of your move is a crucial step.
- Start planning your meals around what frozen and perishable items you have in your kitchen that you don't want wasted. You can also donate nonperishable items to a local food pantry. Buy easy-to-make meals like milk and cereal to ensure you have food when waking up in your new home.
- Decluttering your house of old and unused items can help lessen your packing duties when the time comes. You can discard or donate any unwanted items to help lighten your overall load and stress. Measure your new home to make sure all your previous furniture will fit in your new place.
- Organize all of your medical, financial, and personal information documents into one secure area that is properly protected to help avoid losing important documents you'll need when moving into your new home.
- Depending on the moving companies you're working with, you may need to invest in quality and durable boxes in order to properly protect your belongings. Relying on old and overused boxes can put your most valuable belongings at risk. Finding quality boxes doesn't have to be expensive with durability being the main concern.
Although you have your moving checklist complete and all of your boxes are ready for packing, you don't want to wait until the last minute to start the packing process.
To avoid rushing and packing all of your valuables the night before, pack a little every day leading up to the move to help avoid any packing mistakes.
- When you move into a new home, you won't have an immediate need for clothes or entertainment options. Creating a moving essential tote with everything you'll immediately need can be helpful in finding basic needs in a timely manner.
- Labeling your boxes can help save time rummaging through boxes trying to figure where a certain item is. To help stay organized, each room should have a colored label identifying where each box belongs in the new home.
- Overstuffing a box can lead to overweight loads which can be difficult to move. By using the right boxes and placing heavy items in small boxes and light items in bigger boxes can help movers organize and pack boxes in the moving truck.
- Preventing fragile items from breaking requires individual padding for each item. Bundling your fragile items without proper protection can be costly but spending time to ensure the items are protected helps ease your stress level.
- To help save space, repurposing household items like hampers and suitcases as moving containers can help save money and space. By vacuum sealing your clothes, you can cut down on space and add another level of protection from inclement weather.
- Taking time to label and take photos of your furniture and electronics can be valuable for record keeping if a valuable item becomes damaged during the move. Label all cables and cords that correspond with the electronic to help piece it back together.
- If your car is also moving cross country, you'll want to make sure the vehicle has recently been serviced to avoid any potential mid-move breakdowns. If your car requires shipping cross country, make sure to take out any valuables including spare tires.
Moving Day Advice:
- The day has arrived, and your organizational efforts will be put to the test. Implementing a game plan can help long distance movers stay on track with the moving checklist. Make sure you have someone who can direct the movers as to what needs to be moved first to help alleviate confusion on the big day.
- While everyone wants to complete their move quickly and efficiently, rushing the move can lead to missed items or damaged valuables. Taking your time and due diligence to ensure the moving truck is organized correctly can help ensure you're not rushing things and creating undue stress on you and the long distance movers.
Use Only Licensed and Insured Moving Companies
Settling for unproven moving companies without the proper licenses and insurance can be risky and using licensed moving companies help provide optimal protection.
No matter if you're looking for a large business move or a small residential relocation, having a moving checklist for long distance movers helps ensure moving companies have all the tools they need to complete a successful move.
For your peace of mind and to be safe and protected, it is very important to find and work only with licensed and insured moving companies.
Secure Your Move Today
By only working with trusted and reliable moving companies, you can rest assured your valuables are cared for by only the best moving companies.
Our extensive network of trusted and reliable moving companies makes it easy to find an affordable moving company.
Secure your move today and enjoy a peace of mind knowing your move is in the right hands.