With some pests capable of causing serious structural damage to your home, hiring pest control companies to safeguard your property from potentially catastrophic damages will help protect your investment and your family from unwanted critters.
Why Pest Control is Important?
Most homes have some sort of issues with insects and bugs lurking behind walls and under floors. In addition to causing structural problems to your home, these critters can also leave behind toxic feces which can contribute to allergies and health issues.
With pest control companies using high-tech products and chemicals to fight against the pesky critters, hiring the best pest control companies is vital to ensure your home is properly protected from an invasion.
While there are pest control products to help fight against the critters on your own, pest control companies offer professional equipment and knowledge to properly handle any large infestation.
The four main pests that pest control companies typically handle are critters, termites, bed bugs, and mosquitoes.
These pests generally gain access to your home through outside access. Finding these access points can be difficult to spot by untrained eyes, which is why pest control companies offer proven and effective techniques to eliminate any outside threat.
Pest control involves the removal, reduction, or an entire elimination of unwanted insects, wildlife, or rodents. A pest exterminator can use natural and non-chemical methods for removal, as well as chemical-based production including pesticides and herbicides to tackle any insect or bug infestation.
Pest Control Companies Change Services Based on the Season
With pests being active year-round, pest control is also a year-round service for a pest exterminator. As each season brings in different critters and unique problems for each bug or insect, making sure you're aware of how seasonal changes attract certain pests is a major step in preventing larger pest issues.
Hiring a pest exterminator to pest proof your home at the start of each season is vital to help prevent unwanted intruders.
- Spring: With the spring season being breeding season for many species of pests, spring offers the ideal time to check for any potential infestation developments. The most likely threat during this time of the year are ants, spiders, and cockroaches.
- Summer: With the summer months bringing in more heat, it also increases the likelihood of high pest activity. The biggest threats during the summer season come from ants, stinging pests like bees, and house crickets all being more prevalent in warmer weather.
- Fall: Temperatures begin to drop in the fall and pests then begin to seek shelter inside your home. Make sure your home is fortified and the home's barrier is ready to prevent any pest invasion. Typical threats during the fall include spiders, rats, and mice.
- Winter: The winter season is when pests are in desperate need of warmth and moisture which your home offers plenty of during the winter months. Using the best pest control companies will help ensure your home is protected from earwigs, spiders, and mice.
Using Pest Control Products to Fight Insect Invasions
When encountering pest invasion issues in your home, there are pest control products a pest exterminator will rely on to help fight the infestation. Whether you need insect baits, pesticides, or traps, pest control products provide effective and professional methods to help mitigate your pest problem.
However, just because you've killed or eliminated pests that you can see doesn't mean the issue is completely resolved. Often, the first signs of termites in your home can mean a termite infestation is fully underway.
By consulting with pest control companies, you can be assured of using only the best pest control products and methods to properly eradicate the pest control issues.
- Insecticides/Pesticides: These chemical sprays are used to specifically target insects.
- Traps: Used to fight rodent infestations to target mice or rats lurking in unseen areas.
- Herbicides: Targets specific plants that critters use to gain access to your home.
- Insect baits: Attracts various species to a specific area to contain the critters.
Although pest control products do offer ways to control your pest problem, hiring a professional pest exterminator will ensure the issue is completely taken care of. Don't wait until pests have already overtaken your home and find a professional pest exterminator to handle all of your major infestation problems today.
With many pest control companies offering service guarantees, free estimates, and free-return visits if the problem persists, taking the removal of pests out of your hands and into a professional may be the most cost-effective way to handle your pest control problems.
Vulnerable Areas Pest Control Companies Protect
Just like any other animals, rodents, insects and bugs are generally looking for food when they enter your home. Along with using pest control products to control the nuisance, there are other preventive measures you can take to protect your home.
Using pest control products to spray common entryway points like windows, doors, garages, basements and attics does offer a first line of defense, but the following preventive measures can also act as another layer of protection:
- Keep kitchen and eating areas clean and free of leftover food to deter pests from flourishing off food waste.
- Remove trash from the house regularly and keep a lid on the garbage to help prevent pests from gaining access.
- Make sure to be mindful of standing water. A puddle of standing water can serve as a breeding ground for mosquitoes and other insects.
- Use door sweeps to seal any gaps around doors and windows to decrease the space where insects and pests can enter the home.
- Sealing all pet food in tight containers, recycling cardboard boxes, and decluttering your home of unwanted newspapers can help deter pests.
- Trimming trees and foliage is a good preventative tactic as pests use plants and shrubs to enter the home.
- Repair any indications of exterior deterioration at the first sign to help prevent the issue from spreading to other parts.
Type of Bugs and Insects a Pest Exterminator Will Target
The number of insects and bugs pest control companies have to deal with is staggering. While not every bug or insect will cause serious damage to your home or harm your health, there are a number of pests that can be catastrophic to your property and everyday health.
- Clothes moths: These pests target clothes and can easily destroy fabric and other wardrobe-related items if left unchecked.
- Termites: By eating at the infrastructure of your property, termites can cause significant damage to the structure of the home.
- Bed Bugs: Once thought to be dormant, bed bugs have made a huge comeback and are biting more and more people each year.
- Fleas: These flightless insects act as external parasites that use mammals, pets and birds as their hosts by consuming blood.
- Mosquitoes and Ticks: Known to transmit diseases through their bites, controlling ticks and mosquitoes is vital in the summer.
- Bees: These stinging critters can quickly build vast nest populations with professional removal required for mitigation.
- Beetles: As the most common insect, beetles can be a nuisance with its ability to harm furniture, farm crops, and clothes.
- Cockroaches: A common sign in homes are cockroaches who hide in hidden areas and can spread disease and contaminate food.
- House Ants: Small ants can gather like large armies with the ability to contaminate unprotected food in your home.
- Rodents: Mice and rats carry various diseases in their droppings, as well as the ability to cause damage by gnawing and nesting.
- Scorpions: These venomous critters can cause serious harm and are often found in small, dark spaces like boxes, fire wood and potted plants.
- Silverfish: By thriving on moisture, a silverfish infestation can be a sign of a larger problem within your home.
- Spiders: With most spiders being poisonous, protection from their harmful bite is extremely important for pest management.
Why Using Services from Trained and Professional Pest Control Companies is Important?
When encountering a large infestation of bugs or insects, having trained and professional pest control companies handle any situation will provide the comfort and peace of mind knowing those pesky critters are eliminated properly.
Every home is unique and what worked in your previous house may not be effective in your current dwelling.
If you continue having pest control issues, hiring a proven pest exterminator can correctly identify the problem and offer proven solutions.
By being more familiar with how each species of pest operates and lives, pest control companies will work to ensure your home is properly protected from any critter, every day of the year.